Are you looking for a unique kitchen for your newly constructed house? Are you seeking kitchen renovation and upgradation to make the place more attractive and high on utility? If your answer is a yes then it is time to install a sleek modular kitchen in your house. When designed and planned properly, even a small kitchen space can be made to look attractive and spacious. Here are some things that need consideration while designing a kitchen:
· Shape of the kitchen – Shape will play a pivotal role in designing and installing Indian modular kitchen. While some kitchens are in ‘L’ shape, some of them are in ‘U’ shape. These are the two most popular shapes of modular kitchens.
· Flooring and general paint and color of the kitchen – The flooring of the kitchen is vital and shouldn’t be neglected. Generally, floors that are water and mold resistant are preferred. Vinyl floors and tiles are the most popular choices in this regard. Usually the floor colors are dark when compared to the wall colors and oil paint is used on the kitchen walls so that cleaning them is easy.
· Kitchen cabinets and other storage options –Integral parts of a modular kitchen design are kitchen cabinets and various kinds of storage options. The finish of the cabinets, shelves and drawers varies from one kitchen to another. While some are simple in design and style, others feature distinct designs and patterns embedded on them. Make sure that the whole setup is in sync with the kitchen settings.
· Installing the right appliances – A modular kitchen is incomplete without proper kitchen equipments and appliances. The cooking range needs special mention in this regard along with food processors, microwave oven, refrigerators, toaster, griller and many such modern equipments. Usually these are installed on the kitchen countertop.
· Chimneys, dishwaters and other equipments – Installing a chimney is mandatory in modular kitchens. The chimney absorbs all the heat and smoke that is formed in the kitchen and keeps the place clean and cool. Along with this, it is also important to have the right plumbing fittings like taps, dishwashers, sinks etc. Designer items are also available in these categories elevating the standard and enhancing the appearance of the kitchen.Along with the above mentioned aspects, lighting is also an important feature of the kitchen. Make sure that lighting is done in such a manner that every small corner of the kitchen is illuminated. If the kitchen acts as a dining space too then see that there is ample lighting in the area.